Below you will find a few methods on how to generate traffic to your website, as well as some links to resources that can help you execute those methods. If you need additional methods to generate traffic to your site, or have questions on any of the methods listed below, please reach out to your account manager.
Note the information below describes methods to get traffic to your website, not to our offers. Click here to view generally allowed traffic types for our offers.
Ways to Get Traffic to Your Website or Web Hosted Content:
- Social Media: Promote your site on your fan pages, personal pages, relevant groups, and through paid ads. (Check out HootSuite's article for some ideas). Note: You can't use social media to direct link to any of the offers in the Adscend network.
- Email: Collect email address (always get permission first) and email information to your friends and contacts about your site. Note: You can't use email traffic to direct link to any of the offers in the Adscend network.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Creating a site structure that is built for search engines, link building, and continually adding useful content is a great way to gain traffic to your site. Learn the basics of SEO with The Beginner's Guide to SEO from Moz. You can also view more helpful SEO-related articles in our Recommended SEO Articles list.
- Site Structure Optimization (On-Site SEO): As mentioned above, having an optimized site structure for search engines is a key factor in SEO. Thus, your website needs to have a logical flow in terms of content and links, proper on-page elements (e.g. header tags, active links, robots.txt file) and tons of great content to rank for relevant key terms. To learn the basics of on-site SEO, check out Onsite SEO Basics for Small and Medium Businesses.
- Link Building: Adding a link to your site on relevant forums, blogs, and other sites is a great way to gain more site traffic. A few places where you can typically place a link to your site include forum signatures, in the comments section of a blog, or via a link/post exchange with a relevant site/blog (note: make sure the site/blog that you are exchanging links with relates to your site and brings value to both parties). Matthew Woodward's article on link building tips from SEO experts is a great resource to improve your link building efforts.
- Content Creation: Consistently adding quality content can help bring in more search engine traffic to your site, as fresh content shows search engines that you care about your niche and are striving to provide value to it. Some ways that you can add more content to your site include adding a blog, news section, or guides. Interviewing thought leaders in your niche is also a great way to add new content to your site and gain more search engine traffic.
- Paid Ads: Though this method isn't free, using paid ads can be a quick way to gain more traffic to your site. Paid ads providers charge for their ads in a variety of formats, including pay-per-click, pay-per-view, CPM (cost per mille), and monthly charge. Not sure where to start? Check out this beginner's guide to paid ads from Spokal.
- Offline Marketing: From billboards, to flyers, to word-of-mouth promotion, offline marketing has been a successful advertising method for decades. If online promotional methods aren't working for you, try offline marketing to introduce new users to your website. Need some ideas? Check out 10 Simple Marketing Strategies to Promote your Product Offline.