Below you will find a few methods on how to generate traffic to your mobile app or game, as well as some links to resources that can help you execute those methods. If you need additional methods to generate traffic, or have questions on any of the methods listed below, please reach out to your account manager.
Note the information below details methods to get traffic to your mobile app or game, not to our offers. Click here to view generally allowed traffic types for our offers.
- Paid Ads: Utilizing paid ad solutions can be a quick way to gain traffic to your app or mobile game, and acquire new users. Though we are biased, we recommend Adscend's pay-for-performance user acquisition solutions. With our ad solutions, you only pay for quality users delivered, thus our ad campaigns allow you to grow your user base at a scale that you are comfortable with. Thus, whether you need a burst campaign to bring in tens of thousands of new users in a weekend, or are looking for a steady influx of new users, we can easily help you create a campaign to meet your UA goals. The Adscend network consists of publishers in over 180 countries, allowing you to acquire new users for your app or mobile game from around the world!
Need more info? Click here to learn more about Adscend's user acquisition solutions.
- Social Media: Whether you prefer posting on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or another social site, promoting your app or mobile game on your social fan pages, personal pages, relevant groups, and through paid ads is a great way to get more traffic. (Check out Tech.co's article for some ideas).
- Alternative App Stores: There are more places to promote your app or mobile game than just the Google Play store or the App Store. Listing your app or game on alternative app stores allows you to reach new audiences in app stores that generally feature less competition. Looking to find a few alternative app stores for your app? Check out this list from Business of Apps.
- Offline Promotion at Conferences, Tradeshows and Meetups: Whether you prefer smaller developer mixers, or larger events like Apps World, AnDevCon, or Mobile Games Forum, promoting your app or game in-person can be an easy method to get new users. From networking parties, to renting booth space, to public speaking, events provide many opportunities to promote your app or game and get more traffic to your site or app store listing.
- App Store Optimization (ASO): App Store Optimization is the practice of creating a search-optimized listing for your app or game to increases the chances of appearing in more user searches in an app store. Though the Google Play store, iOS App Store, and every app store has a different algorithm to determine which results appear in user searches, here are a few basic ASO practices that you can use to get more traffic to your listings.
- Email: Collecting email address (always get permission first) and emailing news and promotions about your app or game to interested parties can help drive traffic to your app store listing or website. Building an email list is actually easier than it sounds with the help of sources like this HubSpot article.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Creating a site structure that is built for search engines, link building, and continually adding useful content is a great way to gain traffic to your app or game's website. Learn the basics of SEO with The Beginners Guide to SEO from Moz. You can also view more helpful SEO-related articles in our Recommended SEO Articles list.
- Get Reviewed by Sites and Blogs: An excellent way to get traffic to your app or game's site, or your app store listing, when you app has just launched (or has new features) is to submit promotional information to review sites. Often it only takes a small gesture like an email to an editor, or a social media message, to get your app or game reviewed. However, other times it takes a media kit and extensive documentation to get a review. Apptamin has a great article about how to pitch your app or game to review sites and blogs.
- Site Structure Optimization (On-Site SEO): As mentioned above, having an optimized site structure for search engines is a key factor in SEO. Thus, your app or game's website needs to have a logical flow in terms of content and links, proper on-page elements (e.g. header tags, active links, robots.txt file) and tons of great content to show up for relevant key terms. To learn the basics of on-site SEO, check out Onsite SEO Basics for Small and Medium Businesses.
- Link Building: Part of successful SEO, adding a link to your app/game's site or app store URL on relevant forums, blogs, and other sites is a great way to gain more traffic.
- Content Creation: Consistently adding quality content can help bring in more search engine traffic to your app or game's site, as fresh content shows search engines that you care about your niche and are striving to provide value to it. Some ways that you can add more content to your site include adding a blog, news section, or guides.
Know of a few more ways to get traffic to apps or mobile games? Feel free to add any traffic generation methods that aren't listed above in the comments section below.